In Kenna, there are several villainous types, but none of them are quite as sympathetic as Morougha, the Crown of Alacros. The last remaining male of his race, his death at the hand of a human was foretold when he was a child. As such, he has grown to adulthood as a wreck of paranoia, conflicting feelings, and daddy issues. He is manipulated by his scheming sorceress of a sister, who has her own plans for her ruling brother. (Note: His name is pronounced mor-OVE-uh. Fancy, I know.)
1) What’s their favourite food? Grapes. Well, fermented grapes. Fermented, liquid grapes.
2) What do they absolutely hate? Morougha hates fear. He loathes it in other people, as it reflects is own fear back at him.
3) What do they enjoy learning about? To be quite honest, ‘enjoyment’ doesn’t enter into his thoughts. He suffers from anxiety and depression, to the point of having mental disorders that are only escalating with time.
4) Who is the most influential person in their life? His sister, Isyss. After their parents died, she seized her opportunity to have influence over Alacros through the heir, her brother. Using her own political skill and black arts, she has clouded his mind until he can’t separate lies from the truth.
5) What is their childhood fear? His childhood fear is also his adult fear – that he will be killed by a human, as was foreseen.
6) What is something they have always secretly dreamed of doing, but thought impossible? As a boy, he used to dream of leaving his responsibilities in Alacros and traveling the world with Farrien, his boyhood companion. Now, he dreams of death and barely dares to hope for survival.
7) What is something he is impractically afraid of? His entire personality is paranoid, which makes this question redundant.
8) Are they a night owl or morning person? Nightmares trouble his sleep and mistrust troubles his waking hours, and he doesn’t particularly enjoy either. Early morning, just before the sun rises, when everything is still and mist clouds the horizon – that is his favorite time of day.
9) Do they say everything that pops into their head, or leave a lot unsaid? The only person he holds real conversations with is Isyss, and he talks to her as a patient talks to their psychologist. She asks him questions and he answers.
10) What are their nervous habits? Morougha constantly rubs his fingers together, or rubs his lips. He gives the impression of someone who is lost on their own property; a bit distracted, sunk deep in his own mind, yet keenly aware of imagined slights.