Life doesn’t look up nearly as much as we think it does, I’ve discovered. Life continues to look straight ahead. We’re the ones who look up – or behind, or down. The direction is entirely up to us. Which is to say, I’m looking up and therefore life is bright. Let me show you some things that have been making me happy lately.
• flowers. the land has been overflowing with daffodils, my rose bushes are budding, and my room is slowly but surely turning into a garden.
• moss. I’m putting it in jars. everywhere. the moss grows outside my window and is the brightest, most vibrant green.
• cedar incense.
• used books + reading! I’ve just finished found by micha boyett and I’m now on the celtic way of prayer by esther de waal (and a stack of novels, too).
• fruits basket. thanks to some girls in my wolf pack dubbing me shigure, I had to re-watch the ridiculous, awesome anime. (for the record, I am shigure.)
• editing dark is the night. it’s been the perfect amount of time; it’s like re-visiting old friends and fixing their flaws, all in one fell swoop.
• my fedora. for real. I wear it constantly. (Eric – I mean, Insurgent tonight!! it’s the midnight viewing but in goergia, that means eight o’clock. why this is, I don’t understand.)
• magazines. wolftree is amazing, by the way.
• we’re going to the circus this weekend. you have no idea how excited I am.
but enough about me; what’s new with you?