A few years ago, I took a break from writing darker, grittier novels. Instead I sat down and I wrote something lighter and sweeter than my usual fare – a fairytale, about a Blessed girl, a blue cat, a cranky wysling, and an enthusiastic elemental. Today, I have the incredible, surreal, and magical pleasure of letting you know that my novel, Paper Crowns, is now available!
Ginger has lived in seclusion, with only her aunt Malgarel
and her blue cat, Halcyon, to keep her company. Her
sheltered, idyllic life is turned upside-down when her
home is attacked by messengers from the world of fae.
Accompanied by Halcyon (who may or may not be more
than just a cat), an irascible wysling named Azrael, and a
loyal fire elemental named Salazar, Ginger ventures into
the world of fae to bring a ruthless Queen to justice.
I may have written the novel, but without some incredible people working to make it happen, it would still be a document sitting in a folder on my desktop.
- First and always foremost, God gave me a brain to think with and fingers to write with. I owe him everything.
- To my family, for encouraging me every single step of the way. There are no words.
- Lauren, for gifting me the most glorious cover art Paper Crowns could ever have had. It’s so much better than I even dreamed it would be. I owe you forever.
- John Howe, for allowing me to use the quotation that inspired the novel – and for helping me through the cover process.
- (Of course) Neal Wooten (Mirror Publishing). Thank you for believing in my novel, and for putting up with this noob.
- Arielle, for setting up the blog tour I’m about to mention and for being a consistent and blessed presence in my life, and
- Hannah George. This novel is dedicated to you for a reason. ♥
A Paper Crowns blog tour will travel from blog to blog throughout the month of May! More information will be forthcoming – if you’d like to give Paper Crowns a spotlight on your blog or host me for an interview, discussion, or guest post, please leave a comment! You can purchase an unsigned copy from Amazon.com or pre-order a signed copy by shooting me an email at the-shieldmaiden[at]Hotmail[dot]com!
Thank you all so much for your support. I could never have done this without you.